Automatic Acceptance Policy for Incoming Freshman to the Professional Phase of the Physician Assistant Program at Marywood University
The criteria for an automatic transition from the Pre-PA phase to the professional phase of the PA Program are as follows:
- Overall GPA and Pre-requisite Science GPA at or above 3.5
- Completed all other pre-requisites, i.e., 500 healthcare hours (of which at least 50 hours must be shadowing a PA)
- All courses must be Marywood courses (8 credit maximum may be transfer credits - with prior approval of both the Science Chair and the PA Program Director)
- No Disciplinary actions on record
- Successful interview with the Admissions Committee for the PA Program
If you do not meet the above criteria or are a transfer student you will be guaranteed an interview and be alleviated from applying through CAPSA, however, neither of these conditions is a guarantee that you will be accepted into the Professional PA Program.