Fall Semester In Session
The fall semester began August 5th, 2014 and covers 8 weeks, meeting every Tuesday & Thursday from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
The R-VETS (Renewal-Veteran Education and Transition Services) Program is focused on providing college access to community veterans and their spouses who are interested in post-secondary education. Military, veterans and their spouses in the local community can take free introductory courses in the areas of Math, Academic Writing, along with other transitional services.*
Current Marywood student veterans and those who have already been accepted to Marywood, but are struggling in these areas, will also have the opportunity to utilize this program.
You Served Us...Now We Want to Serve You!
Congratulations to the first R-VETS graduating class!!!
Pictured left to right: Karlene Cicco (R-Vets Math Faculty), Elijah Mulligan (Navy Reserves), Denise Oakley (Navy Vet), Ruben Jorge (Army Vet), Lauren Williams (Director, Office of Military & Veteran's Services), Joseph Edwards (Air Force Vet), Walter Gerardo Abad Yarleque (Army Vet), William Toms (Army Vet), Christopher Lynett (R-Vets English Faculty)
Need to Know
- Free of charge
- All supplies and books provided
- Courses taught by experienced faculty
- Courses to take place during evenings or weekends
- In order to maximize your GI Bill benefits, this program will not utilize any VA education benefits to ensure the veteran has full entitlement once enrolled in the university
- Currently accepting applications for the Spring 2015 semester. Exact dates TBD.
- Open to a maximum of 15 students allowed for the sping, summer fall sessions.
- Eligibility: Honorable discharge or currently serving, with a high school diploma or GED
This course offers small group learning within the classroom setting, and elements of math are available from the basics through pre-algebra.
This course is designed to help prepare students for the writing they will do in curriculum-level college courses. It covers the various stages of the writing process, writing for specific purposes, and both paragraph and essay structure.