Marywood's required research training is provided online through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). Courses consist of several modules followed by brief quizzes. Each course can be completed in approximately 2-4 hours.
Completion of the training is a one-time requirement and does not expire. CITI New Learner Account Registration
Although accepted, IRB and IACUC Committee Member and Staff training is not a requirement for researchers and their sponsors. Unless you are a member or staff of the IRB, ERC, or IACUC, please be careful not to choose this option.
Questions? Contact Ryan Houser at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 570-961-4778.
CITI Training - Available Courses
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Basic Track (Selections by individual discipline were discontinued on November 25, 2014, but are still valid.
Human Research Curriculum (HRC)
- Social & Behavioral
- Clinical Trial - This is for investigators involving FDA-covered drugs, biologics or devices only. Such researchers must complete this in addition to the Biomedical track.
- IRB Staff & Members - This is for individuals who serve on the IRB/ERC or the office staff ONLY. This course covers both Biomedical and Social/Behavioral research.
Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- Vertebrate Animal
- Vertebrate (Student)
- Non-Vertebrate Animal
- IACUC Members and Staff - This is for individuals who serve on the IACUC or office staff ONLY.
Information Privacy Security
- This is an additional brief, four-module track that is a requirement of the School of Social Work and must be completed in addition to a full track in human research (either Social & Behavioral or Biomedical).
Basic Courses: Human Research Curriculum
All researchers and research personnel are required to complete a basic course in research ethics education. Register for basic courses at www.citiprogram.org.
Training in the protection of human subjects includes topics such as:
- History and Ethical Principles
- Assessing Risk
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Informed Consent
- The Regulations
Training in ethical animal research includes:
- Federal Mandates
- Housing of Animals
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Monitoring for Pain and Distress
Basic Course Policies:
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Course
All researchers, sponsors, and ERC, IACUC, and IRB committee members must complete this course. The RCR course may be completed at www.citiprogram.org.
Training Topics include:
- Responsible Authorship
- Peer Review
- Collaborative Research
- Research Misconduct
- Conflict of Interest
- Responsible Mentoring
- Data management