- IRBNet Submission Instructions
- Amendment Minor
- Amendment Significant
- Protocol Deviation Report
- Annual Status Report
- Procedure Log
Read Marywood's IACUC policies and procedures: These policies and procedures explain the review process.
Complete online training courses: Principal investigators, co-investigators, sponsors, and research assistants must complete two training courses through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) or the Center on Materials and Devices for Information Technology Research: Responsible Conduct of Research course. Be sure to affiliate with Marywood University on those sites. Visit the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs training page for details.
Download all necessary forms and templates and gather supporting documentation: all are available on this page.
Allow one month for approval: Plan to submit your application materials at least one month prior to your expected start date.
Electronic Submission Instructions for IACUC, How to Submit a New Project
Contact the Director of Research Compliance via email or call directly at 570-340-6031 for a username and password to access these videos.
Submit your application to IACUC at IRBNet.
- Monitor your e-mail for communications from the board. Once the board notifies you, your decision letter can be accessed at IRBNet
- Log in and select your existing project by clicking on its title.
- Click the "Project Overview" button on the left menu.
- Click "Review Details" in the middle of the page (blue link).
- Access the letter under "Board Documents" at the bottom section of the screen.
How to Submit Modifications, Revisions, or Reports
- Sign in to IRBNet and click on the title of your package.
- Click on the "Project History" tab on the left menu.
- Click on the "Create New Package" button at the very bottom of the screen.
- At the next screen, you will see a red arrow and "New Document Package". Click on "New Document Package".
- Click on "Add New Document" at the bottom. "Browse" to locate the document and "Add" the document. Fill in the Description line. Repeat until all documents are added.
- Click "Sign This Package", select "Principal Investigator" and sign.
- Click "Submit This Package," and be sure you select Marywood's Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. Select the appropriate Submission Type (Amendment/Modification, Revision, Continuing Review/Progress Report or Closure/Final Report) and click "Submit".
After Your Application is Approved
Once approved, you'll find a final approval letter and stamped forms at IRBNet. All stamped, approved forms must be used in your project.
Adverse events must be reported to IACUC in a timely fashion, even if they seem minor. Please use the Adverse Event forms on the right side of this page.
An Annual Report is due one year from the approval date and two years from the approval date. A Final Report is due the third year prior to the expiration date. You will receive an email notification 1 month prior to the due date of each report. If reports are not received by the due date, the researcher will be considered to be in non-compliance, and the IACUC may suspend research activity until a report is submitted.
If you decide to revise or make additions to any part of your study, you must submit a Minor Amendment to Protocol or Significant Amendment to Protocol, including all associated documentation, to the IACUC.
A new application must be submitted if the study will continue beyond the three year approval period.