Internal Funding Applications
- Murray Award For Research And Development
- Research Initiation Fund Awards
- Cooperative Grant Funds
- Graduate Research and Creative Projects
The Murray Award for Research and Development
Michael and Mary Alice Collins Murray, '51, established The Murray Award for Research and Development in 2004. Mary Alice earned her bachelor's degree in chemistry and had a career in clinical pathology. Michael is a former executive with General Electric Corporation with first-hand knowledge of the research and discovery field. The Murrays have been enthusiastic in their support for the mission of Marywood University and The Murray Award for Research and Development furthers that commitment.
Funds are available for research/development grants through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. These funds are intended to assist faculty in the implementation of research projects that show high potential for expansion and continuation. The information and results gained from the awarded project are expected to be the basis for external funding for the continuation or expansion of the project during the following year. In addition, the project is expected to provide "hands on" research opportunities for students.
Funds may be used to support project expenses such as supplies, equipment, printing, hiring of student research support, course reassignment (course release) with the approval of appropriate Chair and Dean. Travel to conferences and faculty stipends are not allowable expenses.
Eligibility: All full time and pro-rata faculty members (who have not previously received The Murray Award) are eligible to apply.
Awards: One or two awards will be made. Range of award: $5,000-$10,000
Application Deadline: May 31, 2016
Notification Date: June 24, 2016
Project Start Date: July 1, 2016
Grant Funds must be expended: June 30, 2017
Report on use of funds and status of project: Oct 1, 2016; April 1, 2017; September 1, 2017
Proposal for external funding of project: No later than January 30, 2018
- Cover Sheet: (Word) (PDF)
- Name, Department, College, Title of Study
- Research/Project Proposal (Limit 10 pages)
- Purpose of study, relevance of project, study method, project timeline, and project outcomes
- Involvement of student researchers, including student-learning outcomes
- Identify next steps for project, potential external funding sources, and rationale for funding source
- Project budget
- - Explanation/justification of funds requested
- Concise Vitae (limit 5 pages)
- Focus on research, scholarship, and publications
- Identify past work/education that prepares you for this project
Clearance- Please e-mail the approval of Department Chair and Dean or include with the application if submitted hard copy.