Marywood University Centennial Projects
Funds are available for four to six research or creative projects that celebrate the accomplishments and impact of Marywood University as we prepare for the 100th anniversary celebration in 2015. Funds are intended to assist in the development or implementation of a research project or creative endeavor that may include videos, musical compositions, artwork or writing. The project should be focused on some aspect of Marywood’s history, heritage, culture, Catholic identity, or impact with a particular emphasis on the core values: respect, empowerment, service, and excellence.
Funds may be used to support project expenses such as supplies, equipment, printing, and hiring of student support. Funds may also be used for a course release or a stipend for Summer I or Summer II 2014. Additional funds will be available in the years leading up to the anniversary.
Eligibility: Full-time faculty, part-time faculty, and staff are eligible to apply.
AWARDS: Maximum award is $2,500.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2013
Notification Date: December 3, 2013
Funds Available: Immediately
Grant funds must be expended by June 30, 2014
Report on use of funds and status of project due September 30, 2014
- Project Narrative (3 pages max)
- Goal/Purpose of the project
- Relevance to Marywood’s history, heritage, culture or impact and relationship to Centennial Themes/Core Values: Catholic Identity, Respect for Each Person, Empowerment, Service, and Commitment to Excellence
- Plan to carry out the project with a timeline
- Concise Vitae (3 pages max)
- Clearance: For projects requesting a course release, approval of Department Chair and Dean required (email message or hard copy)