The Czachor Medal for Academic Excellence in Religious Studies was founded by the Czachor family of Archbald, PA, and was first awarded in 1975.
To be eligible, a student must be a graduating senior with a major or minor in religious studies. Minors must have completed 15 credits in religious studies.
- Up to four (4) points will be awarded to each student for his/her overall Q.P.A.
- Up to four (4) points will be awarded to each student for his/her Q.P.A. in religious studies. In order to be eligible, a student must have a minimum Q.P.A. of 3.0 in religious studies.
- The student with the highest combined number of points will receive the medal.
- The student with the second highest number of combined points will receive Honorable Mention.
- If a tie occurs, the following considerations will be weighed in order to determine the winner: 1) total number of religious studies courses completed and 2) service to the department.