Welcome to the Master of Public Administration (MPA). As of Spring 2016, the program is an exclusive 30 credit hours and completely online. The MPA at Marywood University follows the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA) accreditation. It values public service and view its purpose driven by democratic and ethical paradigms to serve the public interest. The program focuses on civic engagement and public responsibilities on local, national and international levels and as part of a green movement. The curriculum combines theory with practical skills aiming to develop conceptual, analytical, and ethical applications for administrative problems in the public and non-profit sectors.
The online MPA program at Marywood University provides helpful and relevant methodology that integrates theoretical elements with practical skills. With classes scheduled all online through Moodle the curriculum is designed for full-time and in-career students who come from different geographical areas within the United States and the world and from a wide variety of professional and academic backgrounds. By maintaining active involvement in public service, we create effective networking within the public and nonprofit sector while preparing students for leadership positions on local, state, national and international levels. Faculty expertise include all substantive policy areas which enable them to teach, advise, research, and serve both the profession and the community. Read more.
Why the MPA at Marywood University?
- Participate in classes online and from the comfort of your home.
- You do not need a specific time/date to sit behind the computer in order to do your work. The weekly assignments are open all week for you to participate.
- As of Spring 2016, only 30 credit hours are needed to complete the program.
- Discounted rate of $600 per credit.
- Only a $130 technology fee. No other fees.
- No out of the state or international rate. All students pay the same discounted rate.
- Full and part time studies. You can register for only one course or up to four courses per semester.
- Easy and free online admissions process.
- No standardized tests are required.
- Follows the national accreditation guidelines of NASPAA.
- Outstanding and experienced faculty.
- Specialization in general public administration (by choosing any four electives), nonprofit leadership, and homeland security and disaster management.
- Sequential class schedules so both full and part time students can complete their program of study on time and without delay due to course scheduling.
- Summer courses.
- Streamlined curriculum and cutting edge information. No outdated materials that no longer have any relevance or use.
- Dynamic teaching methods designed for learning adults and credible graduate studies.
- Green and Global
- Professional networking, student organizations, and activities.
- Free access to the library and Inter-Library loan
- Free professional writing center
- The program will prepare you for advanced graduate studies on doctoral level as well as for the job market on local, state, national and international levels in the public sector, the nonprofit and the private sector by providing you with the tools and skills needed for a competitive and highly skilled professional field in administrative sciences.