Welcome to the Master of Public Administration (MPA).Our degree program focuses on developing legal, technical, administrative and managerial skills in public and nonprofit organizations. The curriculum follows national accreditation guidelines.
The program promotes social justice and explores the relationship between the human society and its environment. We encourage students to build a bridge between administrative studies and environmental consciousness on local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
Our student body is diverse. It is comprised of students of different generations, genders, nationalities, cultures, religions, political orientations, and work experience. We encourage students to act locally and think globally as well as engage in civic duties. Students are urged to integrate public budgeting and finance, human resource management, strategic planning, organizational dynamics, labor relations, ethics, administrative law, and research into the practice of sound governance.
The programs provide participants with practical approaches to administrative sciences. They involve analysis, theoretical interpretation, conceptual models, assimilation, case studies, group discussions, interpersonal exercises, shared learning, field observation, audio-visual utility, online sessions, and intensive course work.
The general purpose of the program is the administrative training of men and women concerned with the provision of public and nonprofit services. Specifically, the program strives to:
- Expose participants to a wide range of administrative and managerial problems, processes,
practices ,and responsibilities involved in providing public, health, and human services.
- Prepare participants in planning, organizing, staffing, and generally implementing and administering public, health, and human services.
- Facilitate the participant's understanding and command of basic theories of management and supervision and applied social science theory related to the delivery of public, health, and human services.
- Help participants develop analytical and evaluation skills and techniques leading to effective managerial decision-making applied to the complex task of providing
public, health, and human services.
- Help participants develop an awareness of equity and public interest concerns and the political processes in which they arise.