School Psychology (Ed.S.) Admission Requirements
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related area.
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts (minimum of 3.25).
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores (within past 5 years)
- A personal statement citing the applicant’s reasons for entering the profession of school psychology and giving an estimate of potential for success in the field. Include a resume of the applicant’s professional experience (if any).
- A personal interview with the school psychology program committee.
- University admissions must receive all application materials by the application deadline (January 15).
Note: Transcripts for students applying at the post-master’s level are reviewed as part of the formal application process only.
Those admitted to the program are expected to demonstrate continued academic and professional growth while possessing respectable professional dispositions. Professional dispositions form the lens through which content knowledge and technical skills are displayed. Effective school psychologists build meaningful professional relationships, continuously meet deadlines, and actively collaborate with others. They take responsibility for their own behavior and are resourceful, while seeking supervision when necessary. The progress of each candidate is reviewed yearly.