Student Outcomes Data
About the Psy.D. Curriuclum
The Psy.D. program is designed as post-baccalaureate training, with 113 total credits (52.5 at the Master's level; 64.5 doctoral credits). Prerequisite requirements and the Psy.D. curriculum have been designed to assure that course and supervised training requirements are met for Pennsylvania licensure.
The Psy.D. curriculum includes significant training in both assessment and intervention strategies. The curriculum builds from foundation courses to more specific application courses and experiences. There are opportunities for coursework and applied practice with children, adolescents, and adults.
Required courses allow for training as a generalist, with elective selection providing the opportunity for focus on child or adult populations. The Psy.D. program primarily is cognitive-behavioral in focus, with additional training provided in interpersonal psychotherapy and exposure to other therapeutic approaches.
The Marywood Psy.D. program follows the guidelines for clinical training as set forth by the American Psychological Association and the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology. Curriculum and practicum experience
- Introduction to Individual Psychotherapy
- Research Methods and Statistics I
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Research Methods and Statistics II
- Practicum II
- Child Psychopathology
- Master's Thesis Proposal
- Social Psychology
- Master's Thesis/Professional Contribution
- Group Psychotherapy
- Introductory Practicum
Students are required to complete a one-year, full-time or a two-year, half-time internship, in addition to taking the following required courses and practicum experience.
- Advanced Statistical Analysis I
- Community Practicum
- Community Practicum II
- Practicum III
- Multicultural Issues in Psychology
- Advanced Psychopharmacology
- Practicum IV
- Marital and Family Therapy
- Professional Ethics
- Supervision and Consultation Seminar
- Interpersonal Intervention Strategies
- Practicum V
- Educational Assessment Practicum
- Practicum VI
- Child Psychotherapy