- Clinical Practices
- General Theoretical Psychology
- Industrial Organizational (I/O) Psychology
- Psychology (M.A.)
- School Psychology (Ed.S.)
- Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Psy.D.)
- Program Completion Requirements
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Resources
Check out the latest news from The InPsyDers
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Psy.D.)
The Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program at Marywood trains students to provide state-of-the-art, ethical, humane and culturally sensitive clinical services to diverse populations. On the way to earning a Psy.D. in clinical psychology, we teach students to be research-informed practitioners with general skills who pursue development in specific areas through electives, practicum sites, internships, and post-doctoral training.
- To provide students with foundational knowledge of the field of psychology in general, and clinical psychology in particular.
- To teach students to view themselves as being life-long learners while also giving them the skills necessary to be critical and sophisticated consumers of research so that they may be able to independently and effectively apply future developments in the field to clinical practice.
- To help students advance from novice to the early stages of competent clinician status in assessment, intervention, and supervision/consultation.
- To prepare students for the realities of clinical practice in contemporary society and to inspire them to be mission-driven psychologists who try to advance both the organizations in which they are employed and the profession at large.
- To train students to be appreciative of both cultural and individual differences in both their attitudes and in their practice so that they may be effective clinical psychologists in an increasingly diverse and interdependent world.
For further information about the accreditation of this program, contact the APA office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, American Psychological Association, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242, Phone: 202-336-5979.