- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- School Psychology Program (Ed.S.)
- Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Psy.D.)
- Admission Requirements
- Program Completion Requirements
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Research
- Student Resources
Students are required to have clearances on file in order to participate in Educ 561, SED 507, SED 511, Psy 539/SED 539, Psy 549a, Psy 585, and Social Coaching. These clearances include:
- Act 34, Child Abuse
- Act 151, Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprinting
Child Abuse Clearance (Act 34)
- This form is available online through the Pennsylvania Department of Education or click here.
- It must be mailed to the address on the application.
- Requires a $10 money order.
- Takes more than a week to process after being mailed in so please plan accordingly.
Criminal Record Check (Act 151)
- This process is available online through the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History or it can be completed by mail.
- Requires a $10 fee.
- If completed online, print the confirmation of the clearance.
- To begin the process, pre-register online with the Cogent Application Fingerprint Registration System for Pennsylvania.
- Fingerprinting costs $28.75 (and an additional $2.50 for a copy, which is recommended).
- Register: Dept. of Education, NOT Welfare.
- Payment can be made online by major credit card, or by money order at the time prints are taken.
- Print the online confirmation and take it to one of the following:
- NEIU | 1200 Line St. Archbald, PA | 570-876-9200
- The UPS Store | 201 S. Blakely St. Dunmore, PA | 570-558-6300
- Family Financial | 100 River St. Scranton, PA | 570-207-1950
- Be sure to bring a photo ID.
*See website above for hours and other PA locations.