- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- School Psychology Program (Ed.S.)
- Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Psy.D.)
- Admission Requirements
- Program Completion Requirements
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Research
- Student Resources
The Marywood University Counseling program is proud of its affiliation with the Chi Sigma Iota International Honor Society of counseling professionals & professionals in training. Marywood University is chartered by Chi Sigma Iota to operate the Pi Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota at Marywood University.
Chi Sigma Iota is an international honor society of counseling professionals and professionals-in-training dedicated to excellence in scholarship, research, and clinical practice. The purpose of Chi Sigma Iota is to promote and recognize exemplary attainment in counselor education and the practice of counseling.
- Student Eligibility: A 3.5 minimum grade point average and one or more terms of full-time counselor education study or its equivalent.
- Professional Eligibility: A 3.5 minimum grade point average in counselor education and state or national credential as a professional counselor or graduate of CACREP or CORE programs.
Membership in Chi Sigma Iota can make a valuable contribution to your professional development. You will become part of a network of professional counselors who ascribe to high standards of scholarship and practice. Local chapters encourage these aspirations through speakers, programs, and awards. The Society also supports these goals through such activities as leadership training, the International newsletter, membership networking, leadership and research recognition awards, support service to chapters, an annual meeting and collaboration with others on counselor advocacy and professionalization. Your certificate and lapel pin are an outward symbol of your commitment to excellence as a professional counselor.
To join Chi Sigma Iota, contact Dr. Shamshad Ahmed at email@example.com.