More Success Stories
Dr. Amy Paciej-Woodruff
Position: Assistant Vice President for Student Life, Marywood University
Dissertation Topic: The Relationship Between the Level of Engagement and the Development of Masculinity Identity Among Male College Students
"Each week I found myself looking forward to the rich, in-class discussions with my cohort. I came to cherish the variety of perspectives and personalities and would not have grown as much as I did without being part of that group."
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Vice President for Student Life is to serve as a student advocate, to consider the overall Marywood student experience beyond the classroom, and to develop and coordinate policies to promote this experience. The overall experience of students is based on a combination of academic programs, student services, and social activities, including student clubs and organizations.In all of these activities, the Assistant Vice President for Student Life works closely with staff in various campus offices, as well as undergraduate and graduate students, to promote a positive student experience.
The position involves policy development, crisis management, chair the behavioral intervention team, chair the behavioral Intervention team, ensure federal regulation compliance (i.e. Title IX), supervise several departments, strategic planning, and budgeting.
Awards and Acknowledgements
William Fred Miller, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the William G. McGowan Medal for Excellence in Doctoral Studies at Marywood University.
Beverly McNamara, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood University
Edward P. Syron, Ph.D. has been profiled by the Greater Ohio Healthcare Leaders' Forum.
Christopher W. O'Brien, MS, ATC was selected as the recipient of the Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association (EATA) 2007 Francis J .George Scholarship Award. This award is given to the most outstanding doctoral student who is a member of the EATA.
Patricia Miller, Ph.D. was named the Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Chair Award for Distinguished Faculty Service at Keystone College
Brian Mauro was the recipient of the Grady Roberts Graduate Student Writing Award for an abbreviated version of the paper, Can Social Norming Theory Be Applied to Change Student Behavior?, derived from his Qualifying Paper.
Dr. Francis Battisti was recently promoted to the rank of State University of New York Distinguished Service Professor and inducted into the ranks of the SUNY Distinguished Academy.
Eugene Kelly, Ph.D., was selected as 2015 winner of the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood University.
CURRENT STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Stanley Kania, a member of the 2014 Ph.D. Program cohort, received word that his recent research on" Alumni Engagement in the College Recruiting Process" is being picked up for publication by the National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals in their Fall 2014 issue of Perspectives, their quarterly publication.
Sample Employment Settings of Alumni
- Kristine Bewick, Ph.D. - Wilkes University (faculty)
- Trudy Coleman, Ph.D. - Northeast Regional Cancer Institute (epidemiologist)
- Pat Dunleavy, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Human Resources)
- Debra Fetherman, Ph.D. - University of Scranton (Director of Community Health Education)
- Rodeen Lechleitner, Ph.D. -University of Scranton (Faculty Specialist in Community Health Education)
- Sonji Lee, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Jeff Leitzel, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Jill Murray, Ph.D. - Lackawanna College (Academic Vice President)
- Stephen Pugliese, Ph.D. - Immaculata University (Vice President for Student Development and Engagement)
- Lia Richards-Palmiter, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Diversity Office)
- Thomas Quinn, Ph.D. - Abington Heights School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Cherie Roberts, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Heather Shanks-McElroy, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Ann Way, Ph.D. - Tunkhannock Area School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Francis Battisti, Ph.D., SUNY Broome Community College (Executive Vice President)
- Janine Becker, Ph.D., Dean of Enrollment Management, York College
- Sara Rothenberger, Ph.D., Connecticut College, New London (Director of Residential Education and Living)
- Lisa Jean Schumacher, Ph.D., Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit (Assistant Director of Special Programs & Services)
- Judith Rex, Ph.D., Northampton Community College (Interim Dean of Allied Health and Sciences)