More Success Stories
Dr. Lori Swanchak
Position: Program Director of Physician Assistant Program, Marywood University
"I was surprised, yet thrilled, to receive the call from the awards chairperson notifying me of the award,” said Dr. Swanchak, who was presented with the award at an Education Forum in Seattle. “It is a great honor to be recognized by your peers for doing something you enjoy, while also contributing to the profession and PA education."
Dr. Swanchak recently received national recognition for her work and writing in the field of physician assistant education. She was awarded the Physician Assistant Education Association's (PAEA) Article of the Year Award for her well-researched study of "The Effect of Geriatric Exposure upon Career Development and Subspecialty Selection among Physician Assistant Students" published in the Journal of Physician Assistant Education (JPAE).
Awards and Acknowledgements
William Fred Miller, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the William G. McGowan Medal for Excellence in Doctoral Studies at Marywood University.
Beverly McNamara, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood University
Edward P. Syron, Ph.D. has been profiled by the Greater Ohio Healthcare Leaders' Forum.
Christopher W. O'Brien, MS, ATC was selected as the recipient of the Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association (EATA) 2007 Francis J .George Scholarship Award. This award is given to the most outstanding doctoral student who is a member of the EATA.
Patricia Miller, Ph.D. was named the Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Chair Award for Distinguished Faculty Service at Keystone College
Brian Mauro was the recipient of the Grady Roberts Graduate Student Writing Award for an abbreviated version of the paper, Can Social Norming Theory Be Applied to Change Student Behavior?, derived from his Qualifying Paper.
Dr. Francis Battisti was recently promoted to the rank of State University of New York Distinguished Service Professor and inducted into the ranks of the SUNY Distinguished Academy.
Sample Employment Settings of Alumni
- Kristine Bewick, Ph.D. - Wilkes University (faculty)
- Trudy Coleman, Ph.D. - Northeast Regional Cancer Institute (epidemiologist)
- Pat Dunleavy, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Human Resources)
- Debra Fetherman, Ph.D. - University of Scranton (Director of Community Health Education)
- Sonji Lee, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Jeff Leitzel, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Jill Murray, Ph.D. - Lackawanna College (Academic Vice President)
- Stephen Pugliese, Ph.D. - Immaculata University (Vice President for Student Development and Engagement)
- Lia Richards-Palmiter, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Diversity Office)
- Thomas Quinn, Ph.D. - Abington Heights School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Cherie Roberts, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Heather Shanks-McElroy, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Ann Way, Ph.D. - Tunkhannock Area School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Francis Battisti, Ph.D., SUNY Broome Community College (Executive Vice President)
- Janine Becker, Ph.D., Dean of Enrollment Management, York College