More Success Stories
Dr. Mary Feeney
Position: Assistant Professor in Nutrition/Dietetics and Sports Nutrition at Mansfield University
Dissertation Topic: Relationship of Body Image, Perceived Stigma, and Body Mass Index in Individuals Living with HIV/AIDS
Prior to joining Mansfield, Dr. Feeney worked for The Wright Center in Scranton, PA as a Clinical Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Awards and Acknowledgements
Judith Rex, PH.D., RN, BC, Interim Dean, Allied Health and Sciences, Northampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA., recently had an article published in Lehigh Valley Business. Her topic was the cross-generational workfoce and patient-centered treatment.
Christine Wydeen, Ph.D., regional director of Community Care Behavioral Health, has been honored for her 30 year career serving those with mental illness as recipient of the Candlelight Award from the Scranton Area Chapter of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI). The award was presented during the organization's 19th annual candlelight vigil at Lackawanna County Courthouse Square, which is held as part of National Mental Illness Awareness Week, an effort to educate communities about mental illness and to end stigma.
Lori Swanchak, Ph.D., PA-C, DFAAPA, program director and clinical assistant professor of Marywood's physician assistant program, earned national recognition as an American Academy of Physician Assistants Distinguished Fellow. Distinguished fellows receive recognition for their outstanding contributions to patient care and the profession as a physician assistant. They also demonstrate significant dedication and involvement in the community.
William Fred Miller, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the William G. McGowan Medal for Excellence in Doctoral Studies at Marywood University.
Beverly McNamara, Ph.D., was selected as 2014 winner of the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood University
Edward P. Syron, Ph.D. has been profiled by the Greater Ohio Healthcare Leaders' Forum.
Christopher W. O'Brien, MS, ATC was selected as the recipient of the Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association (EATA) 2007 Francis J .George Scholarship Award. This award is given to the most outstanding doctoral student who is a member of the EATA.
Patricia Miller, Ph.D. was named the Margaretta Belin Chamberlin Chair Award for Distinguished Faculty Service at Keystone College
Brian Mauro was the recipient of the Grady Roberts Graduate Student Writing Award for an abbreviated version of the paper, Can Social Norming Theory Be Applied to Change Student Behavior?, derived from his Qualifying Paper.
Dr. Francis Battisti was recently promoted to the rank of State University of New York Distinguished Service Professor and inducted into the ranks of the SUNY Distinguished Academy.
Eugene Kelly, Ph.D., was selected as 2015 winner of the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood University.
CURRENT STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Stanley Kania, a member of the 2014 Ph.D. Program cohort, received word that his recent research on" Alumni Engagement in the College Recruiting Process" is being picked up for publication by the National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals in their Fall 2014 issue of Perspectives, their quarterly publication.
Sample Employment Settings of Alumni
- Kristine Bewick, Ph.D. - Wilkes University (faculty)
- Trudy Coleman, Ph.D. - Northeast Regional Cancer Institute (epidemiologist)
- Pat Dunleavy, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Human Resources)
- Debra Fetherman, Ph.D. - University of Scranton (Director of Community Health Education)
- Laurie Houser, Ph.D., Marywood University (Director of Research and Sponsored Programs)
- Rodeen Lechleitner, Ph.D. -University of Scranton (Faculty Specialist in Community Health Education)
- Sonji Lee, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Jeff Leitzel, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Elizabeth McGill, Ph.D. - The Commonwealth Medical College (Asst. Professor, Family Medicine, & Regional Education Specialist)
- Jill Murray, Ph.D. - Lackawanna College (Academic Vice President)
- Stephen Pugliese, Ph.D. - Immaculata University (Vice President for Student Development and Engagement)
- Lia Richards-Palmiter, Ph.D. - Marywood University (Diversity Office)
- Thomas Quinn, Ph.D. - Abington Heights School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Cherie Roberts, Ph.D. - Bloomsburg University (faculty)
- Heather Shanks-McElroy, Ph.D. - Keystone College (faculty)
- Ann Way, Ph.D. - Tunkhannock Area School District (Assistant Superintendent)
- Francis Battisti, Ph.D., SUNY Broome Community College (Executive Vice President)
- Janine Becker, Ph.D., Dean of Enrollment Management, York College
- Sara Rothenberger, Ph.D., Connecticut College, New London (Director of Residential Education and Living)
- Lisa Jean Schumacher, Ph.D., Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit (Assistant Director of Special Programs & Services)
- Judith Rex, Ph.D., Northampton Community College (Interim Dean of Allied Health and Sciences)
- Elizabeth Sechler, Ph.D., Shepherd University (Director of Residence Life, campus Interpersonal Violence Investigator)