The PhD program in Strategic Leadership and Administrative Studies (SLAS) accepts the transfer of applicable and qualified master-level credits to the program. The following conditions must apply:
- Up to 12 credits (4 eligible courses) can be approved for transfer.
- Credits excluded from transfer are those applying toward: Quantitative Research Design,Advanced Quantitative Research, Statistical Analysis, Qualifying Seminar, Pre-Dissertation Seminar, and Dissertation.
- Transferred credits must precisely apply toward existing courses in the SLAS program and have to be approved by the Program Director.
- Practicum, capstones/thesis, clinical, and non-related/ non-applicable courses to the program and its field of study in administration and leadership are not considered.
- Grade of any requested transferred course must be B or higher.
- A student must be fully admitted and enrolled in the SLAS Program before applying for credit transfer.
- An accepted applicant who is not yet fully enrolled in the program cannot request credits transfer. However, an accepted applicant may ask for an evaluation of specific master-level courses that target identified SLAS courses in order to assess how many of them are eligible for transfer once enrolled.
- It is the responsibility of the enrolled student to identify the credits he/she wants to transfer and the corresponding (targeted) SLAS credits by completing a Credit Transfer Form (available at the Registrar's web page). The form then must be reviewed and approved by the Program Director before submitting it to the Registrar.