Admission to the Ph.D. Program is competitive with a cohort cap of 12 students. Our program seeks to attract a diverse student body, who manifest superior academic achievement, a sensitivity to research inquiry, and evidence of the potential for administrative leadership in their respective careers.
The application deadline is February 1, 2019 for interested students who will begin the program in Summer 2018. To apply, visit the Graduate Admissions site.
General Admissions Requirements:
- A Master's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a cumulative QPA of 3.00>
- An official graduate transcript from each college, university, and/or professional school attended
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from course instructors and/or current supervisors addressing the applicant's qualifications for doctoral level work. The letters of recommendation must be current and not be older/written beyond 1 year at the time of submission. The letters must be written on letterhead paper and signed by the person submitting the reference letter.
- A reflective essay of approximately 1000 words addressing your professional goals and research interests and how they can be achieved in this program
- A copy of your resume
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller's Analogy Test (MAT) general test scores taken with the last 5 years**
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, if an international student
- If an applicant meets the above listed minimum requirements, then the student will be Invited for an on-campus interview
**The GRE or MAT scores will be waived if the student has earned a Master's degree within the last 5 years and earned a cumulative QPA 3.5>
GRE Preparation Helpful Links
Additionally, Marywood University's Career Services Department houses several books and CDs from Kaplan, which can be used on-campus to help prepare students to take the GRE.