With an emphasis on applied and evidence-based research, the PhD program in Administration and Leadership challenges students to further develop their administrative and leadership roles in the public, non-profit, corporate, or government organizations, as well as scholarly opportunities for those seeking employment in higher education. Through an interdisciplinary focus students are prepared to meet the challenges of the 21st century by providing unifying administration and leadership in an increasingly interdependent world.
Consistent with the mission of Marywood University, the program has as its primary goal the mastery of the administrative and leadership skills necessary for professionals working in business, education, health care, human services, social work, nonprofit, government and NGOs. Such mission aspires to engender professionals who pursue their leadership careers with a commitment to expertise, ethics, and empathy in an interconnected world. The program aims helping students to:
- Develop an understanding of administrative & leadership roles that reflect the complexity of today's business, education, health care, social services, and government organizations.
- Examine ethical issues related to administrative and leadership roles.
- Engage in scientific inquiry to address the complex problems of today's organizations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of administrative and leadership roles.
- Demonstrate competence as a leader and a desire to provoke social change.