The Tony Domiano Early Childhood Center includes both a half-day pre-school and a full-day kindergarten. The teachers in the Tony Domiano Early Childhood Center provide the children with a “prepared environment” that fosters their abiding curiosity and presents learning as a joyous and happy experience. The objectives of the program are to assist each child in developing
- a positive attitude toward him/herself and others within the school community;
- self-confidence as an independent learner;
- inner security based on a sense of personal worth and self-discipline leading to true inner freedom of spirit;
- the ability to accept his/her own strengths and limitations;
- the integration of sensory motor skills, the ability to discriminate and judge and the ability to make choices;
- a secure foundation upon which to build his/her emerging intelligence and imagination.
Children must be three years of age by September to be accepted, and because the program is a three-year cumulative one, three year olds are accepted first. Four year olds whose birthdays are in June, July or August are accepted if they will remain in pre-school for two years prior to entering kindergarten. Four year olds applying for one year of pre-school will be accepted if a four year old drops out and makes a space available or if they have attended a Montessori based pre-school for one year. Children applying for kindergarten who did not attend the Marywood pre-school program are accepted only if openings are available and the child meets the school’s academic criteria.
Contact the Director of the Tony Domiano Early Childhood Center concerning openings.