Search committees will be convened for the following positions: full-time faculty; executive officers; senior administrators; senior management as authorized by the appropriate vice president.
The department head will conduct other searches unless otherwise approved in writing by the appropriate vice president.
The department head or chair of each search committee must contact the Affirmative Action Officer (AAO) to set up a meeting as soon as approval is granted for an open position to be filled.
- For a faculty position, AAO provides a data collection form, which is duplicated and sent to all candidates. Completed forms are returned to AAO.
- For all other positions, candidates who complete applications through Human Resources will receive a data collection form to complete.
- Posting and advertising are reviewed for compliance.
- Interview questions are reviewed by AAO for compliance with legal requirements.
- Documentation requirements are reviewed.
- AAO will provide relevant statistics re under-represented groups.
- Data collection forms are returned by candidates to AAO and tallied.
- Department head or chair will contact AAO before interviews are set.
- AAO will indicate if there are known minorities or other under-represented groups in the interview pool.
- Process will continue if targeted groups are in the pool. Search will continue if not.
- AAO will be available for consultation throughout the search.
- Interview notes will be made during the process, and forwarded to AAO for retention once the process is complete.