The Professional Phase Requirements:
- The successful completion of the Pre-Professional Phase at Marywood University or a Bachelor's degree from another college or university.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in the following required science courses:
- 2 semesters of General Chemistry with lab (Science Major Level)
- 2 semesters of organic chemistry with lab (for class entering May 2014)
- 2 semesters of General Biology with lab (Science Major Level)
- 1 semester of Microbiology with lab (Science Major Level)
- 2 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology with lab (Science Major Level)
- In most cases these courses must have been completed within the last seven years.
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology Course from an accredited institution within the last two years prior to matriculation.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A minimum of 500 documented direct patient care hours.
- Completion of Technical Standards (upon acceptance to the program)
- Submission of an application through CASPA (Centralized Application Service for Physician Assissants) The application deadline is November 1st.
- Successful interview by the Physician Assistant Selection Committee. Final acceptance to the Professional phase is ultimately based not only on performance in the prerequisite sciences and overall academic performance but also on the student's desire for and understanding of the profession, demonstration of maturity, self-confidence and good interpersonal skills.
- Marywood University currently does not accept transfer credits from other Professional PA Programs nor does Marywood offer advanced placement or credit for experiential learning.
- Due to Affiliation Agreements with clinical sites, a background check is required.
- GRE scores are required at the time of the interview.
Register for a TOUR through Graduate admissions now...
Contact the Financial Aid department for additional information...