2015 Goals and outcomes (A3.14 b)
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience to be successful, competent Physician Assistants.
- The 2015 first time pass-rate was 88%.
- 100% of respondents of recent graduates surveyed rated their preparedness as a PA by Marywood University as very good or excellent (4.0 on 1-5 scale).
- To prepare students to participate as effective members of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in the promotion of health, prevention of illness and care of diverse populations across the lifespan.
- 100% of recent graduates surveyed rated their preparedness to be an effective member of a healthcare team by Marywood University as very good or excellent.
- Preceptor evaluations indicated the students’ ability to be an interdisciplinary team member as good or excellent.
- To develop effective interpersonal and communication skills within the medical community.
- Over 95% of clinical preceptors indicated the PA students had very good or excellent communication skills during the clinical phase in 2015.
- To encourage students to incorporate Marywood University’s goal of learning to live and practice medicine responsibly in an interdependent world.
- 100% of students complete community experiences as part of a service learning components of clinical correlations course.
- Develop as professionals and leaders at the local, state, and national level, shaping future policy and legislation to promote Physician Assistant practice.
- 100% of PA students participate in community service and awareness events through the MU PA Student Society.
- 100% of respondents of recent graduates surveyed rated their development of professional behaviors as very good or excellent (4.4 on 1-5 scale).