- The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Marywood University is committed to providing students with an exceptional education in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- This professional education includes the knowledge necessary to diagnose, treat, educate and empower patients in a variety of settings across the lifespan.
- We acknowledge that every patient is more than just their physical body, therefore our program is dedicated to teaching our students the appreciation of the patients' spirit as well as caring for their body.
- There is an emphasis on the importance of sharing knowledge with future PA students while providing leadership within the community while promoting the PA profession.
- Every student will develop as both a professional and as a leader throughout their educational career within this program.
- Marywood University's PA Program has an awareness of the need for quality healthcare, both regionally and globally, as each student is prepared to deal with the changing health care environment.
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful and competent Physician Assistants.
- To prepare students to participate as effective members of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in the promotion of health, prevention of illness and care of diverse populations across the lifespan.
- To develop effective interpersonal and communication skills within the medical community.
- To encourage students to incorporate Marywood University's goal of learning to live and practice medicine responsibly in an interdependent world.
- To develop professionalism and leadership skills at the local, state, and national level, shaping future policy and legislation to promote Physician Assistant practice.