Academic advisement [learn more] sessions will be held during Summer Orientation to enable students to meet with their advisors and to discuss courses for the Fall Semester. Each student is assigned an academic advisor to provide information and guidance in selecting, planning and completing an academic program.
During these sessions:
- Faculty/Advisors will review academic requirements and provide an overview of Marywood's core curriculum and the requirements of the academic department in which the individual student is enrolled. They will review total core curriculum requirements and department specific requirements, if appropriate. They will also distribute handouts on major degree requirements, review required courses and rationale options within curriculum or related minors.
- Review total core curriculum requirements
- Review department specific requirements for core, if appropriate
- Distribute handouts on major degree requirements
- Review required courses and rationale
- Highlight options within curriculum or related minors
- Faculty/Advisors will distribute materials and advise students about the process of planning a course schedule
- Faculty, advisors and upper-class students will provide individualized assistance
- Advisors will review your schedule, identify alternate courses, if needed, and sign forms. Furthermore, in future advising sessions, faculty/advisors will also provide information from additional resources on campus such as:
Tips for students to make the most of academic advising sessions:
- Review the Undergraduate Catalog to develop an understanding of the core and major curriculum requirements.
- Set personal, academic, and career goals and prepare questions about resources and programs.
- Seek assistance from faculty, administrators and support staff.