In order to provide support for those who wish to purchase their own computer, Marywood University allows full-time faculty and staff to receive an interest-free loan. The following are the guidelines to receiving the loan:
What is it?
- Marywood will give you an interest-free loan for 75% of the total purchase price up to $2,000. The purchase may include the computer, printer, scanner, software or any other related computer item.
- The loan is for 3 years or 78 paychecks and is deducted from each of your paychecks during that period of time. You may opt to shorten this period by making larger payments; but, keep in mind, the loan is interest free; thus early payment may not be beneficial.
- Any previous loan must be paid off before a new one may be initiated. You cannot add to a previous loan.
How does it work?
There are two methods.
- First would be to obtain a written estimate of the total cost from the vendor. Fill out the loan form and write a check payable to Marywood University for the balance not covered by the loan. Marywood would then write a check made payble to the vendor for the total cost, which you would pick up from the Cashier's Office.
- The second method would be to charge your total purchase. This works particularly well if you are buying a computer online or during a sale in which expedience is essential. Marywood University would then write a personal check to you for 75% of the cost.
Where do I get the form?
- Click on the link below to download the form (as well as a sample form when paying ahead with a credit card). You may also get the form from Kay McClintock, Director of the OIT Budget, who is located on the Terrace Floor of Immaculata Hall.
- Call Kay at extension 2391 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can email you the form so that you can fill it in on the computer, print it, sign it, and then return it to her for a final check with your purchase invoice.
- You can also make an appointment, and she will be happy to help you fill out the form as well as offer suggestions on what is presently available and how to get the most for your money.
After filling out the form, then what?
Bring or send it back to Kay to be certain everything has been filled out correctly with a copy of your invoice included and your check made payable to Marywood University if you want Marywood to write a check to the vendor instead of to you.
When will the check be ready?
Your loan is personally signed by the Vice President of Business Affairs. If he is on campus, it will be taken care of immediately and you should receive notice that your check is ready from the Cashier's Office within a week.
Computer Loan Form
Sample Computer Loan Form (When paying ahead with a credit card)
Dell Employee Purchase Program
Save on laptops, desktops, and thousands of electronics and accessories.
Students, faculty and staff can save big on popular software titles and hardware here.
The Apple Store
Click on the "Education Store" link and locate Marywood University for a 10% discount on ALL Apple products.