Please do not respond to e-mails requesting You To:
- Renew, update, or validate your account.
- Make easy money.
- Verify your information.
Do not click on links in suspecious e-mails.
What is Suspicious?
- Unsolicited e-mails from someone you don't know.
- E-mails requesting any personal information.
- Unsoliced e-mails with links in them.
- "Get rich quick" e-mails.
- E-mails requesting you to update/refresh/renew/validate your account.
If you think the e-mail is questionable enough to e-mail us about it, then it is SPAM or a PHISHING e-mail. Mark it as SPAM in Google gmail.
REMEMBER – No legitimate educational institution, government agency, company, or person will send you an e-mail requesting personal information or include a link in the e-mail requesting such information.
- Do not click on links in suspicious e-mails.
- Do not forward the e-mail to OIT or another person asking if it is SPAM. It probably is SPAM. Mark it as SPAM.
- Do not reply to an email promising you easy money. If the offer is too good to be true then it is a scam.
THESE SPAM/PHISHING EMAILS WOULD NOT EXIST IF NO ONE WAS RESPONDING TO THEM. ONE OF THE BEST WAYS WE CAN FIGHT THEM AS A COMMUNITY IS TO BE VIGILANT AND MARK THEM AS SPAM WHEN WE RECEIVE THEM.
Related Office(s): Director of Operations