Admission to the Onsite Dietetic Internship -
Class of 2018-2019
The Dietetic Internship (DI) program is now a Masters required
The graduate credits will count as part of the curriculum for the Masters
Students interested in a Masters in Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science would need to complete additional coursework after the two year Masters DI Program is finished.
DICAS Match Process
The Marywood University Masters Dietetic Internship Program participates in Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) for Spring Computer Matching Process.
- Information on the Computer Matching Procedures: website or watch the video.
- Apply through the DICAS spring match or e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. Applicants who are not part of the pre-select program must participate in a national computer matching process and must submit a complete electronic (DICAS) internship application.
- Students also need to register online and enter contact information, program preferences and pay fees with a credit card on or before the deadline date.
- Note: Computer matching to a Dietetic Internship is a two-step process that includes completion of the application through DICAS and registering for computer matching with D&D Digital.
- Please contact D&D Digital for current cost or contact by email at DND@netins.net. Additional contact information for D&D Digital Systems, Inc.is 304 Main Street - Suite 301, Ames, IA 50010; Phone 515-292-0490; Fax 515-663-9427; E-mail; email@example.com.
- Include your GRE scores in the DICAS application. GRE Scores are required for admission into the program.
- Have your official transcripts and GRE Scores mailed to Mr. Jason Thiel, Graduate Admissions Counselor, Marywood University, 2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509. Should you have any questions about the graduate application process and/or necessary documents for the Master Program, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Marywood University Masters Dietetic Internship program has no additional application fees, specific to the university, beyond the application fees for DICAS and D&D Digital.
All students will need to submit a Marywood University Graduate Web Application. Acceptance by Graduate Admissions does not guarantee admission to the internship program.
The Admission Decision is Based On
- The completed centralized internship application process.
- The Admission Committee of the program considers the following qualities in the selection process;
- Academic ability
- Communication skills
- Leadership Potential
- Evidence of the ability to be self-directed and organized
- Commitment to the profession of dietetics
- Technological skills
The admissions decision is based on the completed DICAS application. A minimum GPA together with a point system is used in the Marywood University selection process and applicants are rank ordered.
Important: Please indicate which Track you are applying to, either the Onsite Track or Distance Track, in your personal statement.
You have 60 days to submit all the necessary forms for the program following the acceptance of a slot if offered. Once all the paperwork is accepted and approved by the Program Director you will be permitted to begin the program.
Timeline for Internship Applicants for Spring Match
Begins 6:00 pm CDT April of each year. Applicants will find their matching result through Monday, (Appointment Day). This is the only source of notification for applicants. Each applicant will receive either ONE MATCH or NO MATCH after
Begins April 2018. Matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship program by email on or before 6:00 PM (time zone of the program) on that Monday, to confirm the acceptance of the MATCH. Program Director, Stephanie Minkoff, can be reached at email@example.com.
Your completed graduate admissions application will be processed. Once your graduate application is completed, you will receive a letter from graduate admissions notifying you of your acceptance into Marywood's graduate school. At this point, a $500 non-refundable deposit will be required before you can register for classes. The $500 deposit should be mailed to Marywood University Graduate Admissions. ($400 of the deposit will be used toward your next tuition bill and $100 is returned to you at the end of the program). If you have questions about this process, please contact the Program Director.
DI Program Needs
Soon after you accept the D & D Digital Match for this program you will receive an
Program paperwork required:
Original Verification Statement of Didactic Program completion.
Medical Clearances are required for Phase Two of the program. Prior to Phase Two, all students must provide evidence of a current physical examination.
a. See PE form in the FORM section on the side bar. The following forms need to be completed and signed by a physician: Health History-Physical Examination, Immunization Record (in the Forms section). A current physical, Two Step PPD, proof of Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps and Varicella antibody titer, and Hepatitis B series, and Tdap vaccine (in the last 10 years), is defined as one completed no earlier than May 10th of the year the student plans to begin the supervised practice portion of the program (i.e. May 10, 2019).
b. The completed forms should be returned by May 30 to Stephanie Minkoff, Program Director. All forms must be completed prior to the first day of supervised practice.
c. A flu vaccination is also required for all interns. This vaccination should be obtained in the Fall after Phase Two of the program begins.
- The following Forms (located in the FORMS section):
- Registration forms for upcoming coursework
- Electronic Criminal Record Check Form
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- FBI Fingerprint Search
- Drug screen - if required
You are strongly advised to contact the director of the DI program before applying in order to receive any updated information.