- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Preceptor Information
- Contact Us
- Photo Galleries
- Hunger-Free Communities
How to be a Vegetarian
Admission to the Onsite Dietetic Internship -
Class of 2015-2016
The Dietetic Internship (DI) program - onsite track is a full-time program that will require students to come to Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The student will be placed in facilities/agencies in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area and attend classes on campus. The DI program - onsite track consists of 33 graduate credits (18 supervised practice credits and 15 graduate credits). The 18 supervised practice credits are designed as experiential courses and are not accepted as part of Marywood's MS program.
The 15 graduate credits will count as part of the curriculum for the Masters in Science (MS). Upon successful completion of the DI program - onsite track the intern is eligible to take the RD exam.
It is hoped that the student will stay at Marywood University and complete a goal for a Master of Science degree in either Nutrition or Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science.
The Marywood University Dietetic Internship Program is participating in Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) for Spring 2015 Computer Matching Process.
- A Video that provides information on completing DICAS Application can be found on the ACEND Computer Matching Policy and Procedures page under the FOR STUDENTS area at:
or via YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP28aNF_hkI
Application Process consists of the submission of the DICAS Application and D & D Digital Match.
Note: The Marywood University Dietetic Internship and MS programs have no additional application fees.
This DI program is using the online centralized internship application - Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Access the DICAS portal (https://portal.dicas.org) and complete the online application by 11:59 PM CENTRAL TIME in FEBRUARY 15, 2015 for the Spring Match. For more information, email DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
When completing the DICAS application, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Important: include your GREs scores on the DICAS application for the onsite track.
Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
What are your short-term and long-term goals?
What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
1000 Word limit
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
Applicants must also register online for computer matching with D & Digital at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2015. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
The DICAS deadline date for the April 2015 Matching Period is Februry 15, 2015
D&D Digital contact information - D&D Digital |The Sigler Companies | 3100 S. Riverside| P.O. Box 887 | Ames, IA 50010 |Phone: 515-292-0490 | Fax: 515-663-9427 | E-mail: email@example.com
Graduate Admission application:
- When matched and accepted -- Your DICAS application will be used to collect the needed data for this graduate admissions procedure. You will at this time submit a final official transcripts from all college coursework to Mr. Stanley Kania, Graduate Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional needed document: Official GRE scores from within the past five years.
Please have your official transcripts and GRE scores mailed to Mr. Stanley Kania, Graduate Admissions Counselor, at the following address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
ATTN: Stanley Kania
2300 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509
Should you have any questions about the application process and/or necessary documents for the MS program, please contact Stanley Kania, Graduate Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
The Admissions Decision is based on:
- The completed centralized internship application process.
Important: Please indicate which Track you are applying to, either the Onsite Track or Distance Track, in the personal statement.
Timeline for Internship Applicants for Spring 2015:
- On April 12, 2015 - (Notification Day) Beginning 6:00 pm CDT, applicants will find their matching result on www.dnddigital.com through Monday, April 13, 2015 (Appointment Day). This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants. Each applicant will receive either ONE MATCH or NO MATCH after log in.
- April 13, 2015 - (Appointment Day) Matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship program by telephone, FAX or email on or before 6:00 PM (time zone of the program) Monday, April 13, 2015 to confirm the acceptance of the MATCH.
DI Program Needs
Soon after you accept the D & D Digital Match for this program you will receive an e-mail from the Program Director indicating the date for the orientation meeting on campus (This meeting will be in June, dates to be arranged).
DI paperwork required:
Original Verification Statement of Didactic Program completion.
All students must provide evidence of a current physical examination. See PE form in the FORM section on the sider bar. The following forms need to be completed and signed by a physician: Health History-Physical Examination, Immunization Record (in the Forms section). For the sake of convenience, students are encouraged to have the forms completed prior to relocation to the Scranton area. A current physical, Two Step PPD, proof of Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps and Varicella antibody titer, and Hepatitis B series, and Tdap vaccine, is defined as one completed no earlier than May 11th of the year the student plans to begin the DI program (i.e. May 11, 2015).
The completed forms should be returned by June 30 to Maureen Dunne-Touhey, Program Director. All forms must be completed prior to the first day of supervised practice.
A flu vaccination is also required for all interns. This vaccination should be obtained in the Fall.
- The following Forms (located in the FORMS section):
- Registration form for Summer II: ND 565, section 01 -Supervised Practice: Community Nutrition (4 cr.) and ND 536, section 80 - Communication Techniques in Nutrition & Exercise (3 cr.)
- Electronic Criminal Record Check Form
- Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- FBI Fingerprint Search
- Drug screen - if requied
- Registration Form for Summer II - 7 credits (mail this the program director or fax it to 570-340-6029 ASAP)
Please note that acceptance into the Graduate School does not imply that you have been accepted in to the DI Program.
Second round applicants may contact the DI program director directly on Thusday, April 16, 2015. Check the web site in March 2015 for detailed second round instructions. Fax number is 570-340-6029.
You are strongly advised to contact the director of the DI program before applying in order to receive any updated information.