Estimated Costs and Additional Requirements for the Distance Track
- Total Credits- 18
- Cost per credit- (2017-2018) - $775.00
- Registration fee per semester (billed by cashiers) - $50.00
- General fer per semester - $375.00
- Activity fee per semester - $20.00
- Books- $500
- Transportation costs- $300 - $500 (depends on the price of fuel and your MPG)
- Clothing for professional components- $100
- Medical Examination and Immunizations (need for drug screen varies)- $250- 350
- Drug Screen - varies
- Criminal Record Check- $10 -$34, if required by State
- Child Abuse Record Check- $10, if required by State
- Malpractice Insurance- $35
- Computer headset or web cam
All students must provide evidence of a current physical examination. The following forms need to be completed and signed by a physician.
- Health history
- Physical examination and Immunization record
A current physical: PPD (two step TB test required); proof of rubeola, rubella,
Form is available through Student Health Services: Health History, Physical and Immunization Form
The completed form should be returned to Marywood University Student Health Services, if sent before May 10,
Since some facilities want to have a copy of the health form, please duplicate your completed form so that you will have a copy should one be necessary.
Students need to provide their own reliable transportation. Marywood University is not liable for any accidents or injuries that occur while the student is en route or at planned learning experiences.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend meetings of their local and state academy, as well as pertinent seminars. The student may seek prior approval from the program director and the practice preceptor to count a seminar occurring during normally scheduled supervised practice time as part of their learning plan. In general, up to one seminar day per month will be permitted to count towards supervised practice. Seminar tuition is the student's responsibility.
Nutrition and Dietetic Academy Membership
Full-time students are eligible to hold membership in the Academy. See Academy membership application for information, or contact the Academy at 1-800-877-1600 ext. 4841 to request a membership application. Students are strongly encouraged to become student members.
State Dietetic Association
The Academy informs state organizations of new Academy members residing in that state.
Local and District Academy organizations
Membership information about your local academy organization should be available through local officers.