- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Preceptor Information
- Health Promotion and Wellness Activities
- Contact Us
- Resources & Forms
- Photo Galleries
- Hunger-Free Communities
How to be a Vegetarian
Admission to the Dietetic Internship - Distance track
Class of 2017-2018
The Marywood University Dietetic Internship Program is participating in Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) for April 2017 Computer Matching Process.
Information on the Computer Matching Process can be found at:http://www.eatrightacend.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=6442485425
or via YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP28aNF_hkI
- The Marywood University Dietetic Internship has no additional application fee.
- This DI program is using the online centralized internship application - Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Access theDICAS Portal (https://portal.dicas.org) and complete the online application by 11:59 PM CENTRAL TIME on FEBRUARY 15, 2017. The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- The State in which you are planning on completing your supervised practice experiences.
- 1000 Word limit
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- Supplemental Material - Signed Preceptor Agreements (see FORMS on side bar) for all proposed facilities/sites.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matchingat dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2017. There is a $55.00 computer matching fee. Payment is with a credit card.
The deadline date for the April 2017 computer matching period is February 15, 2017.
D&D Digital contact information:
D&D Digital | The Sigler Companies | 3100 S. Riverside | P.O. Box 887 | Ames, IA 50010
Phone: 515-292-0490; Fax: 515-663-9427 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Admission Committee of the Dietetic Internship considers the following qualities in the selection process:
- Academic Ability
- Communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Evidence of the ability to be self-directed and organized
- Commitment to the profession of dietetics
The Admissions Decision Is Based On:
- A completed centralized internship application
Important: In your personal statement please indicate if you are applying to the Onsite Track or Distance Track.
Timeline for Internship Applicants for Spring 2017:
- On April 2, 2017 - (Notification Day)Beginning 6:00 pm CDT, applicants will find their matching result on dnddigital.com through Monday, April 3, 2017 (Appointment Day). This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants. Each applicant will receive either ONE MATCH or NO MATCH after log in.
- April 3, 2017 - (Appointment Day) Matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship program by email on or before 6:00 PM (time zone of the program) Monday, April 3, 2017 to confirm the acceptance of the MATCH. Program Director, Stephanie Minkoff, can be reached at email@example.com.
- Your DICAS application will be used to collect the needed data for this graduate admissions procedure. If your DICAS application did not contain an offical final transcript, you will submit a final official transcript to Mr. Jason Thiel, Graduate Admissions Counselor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application is completed, you will receive a letter from graduate admissions notifying you of your acceptance. At this point, a $ 500 non-refundable deposit will be required before you can register for classes. The $500 deposit should be mailed to Marywood University Graduate Admissions. ($ 400 deposit will be used towards a tuition bill and $100.00 will refunded to you at the end of the program.) If you have any questions about this process, please contact the DI Program Director.
DI Program Needs
Soon after you accept the D & D Digital Match for this program you will receive an e-mail from the Program Director indicating the date for the orientation meeting via the Internet. Material DI paperwork to get started:
- Original Verification Statement of Didactic Program completion.
- Preceptor resume - Required as per ACEND standards.
- Supervised Practice Facility forms for all facilities offering a supervised experience. This is an electronically submitted form that can found in the FORMS section on the side bar.
- Facilities should include 1. Community nutrition agency that offers health promotion/disease prevention programs (not WIC), 2. Food service department in health care (school lunch is not accepted) 3. Two MNT facilities - a. Acute Care/Hospital and b. Skilled Nursing/Long Term Care.
- Signed preceptor agreement statements from all individuals who have agreed to precept planned experiences. Backup preceptors are strongly recommended. (See link on side bar - FORMS)
- Signed Memorandum of Agreement with all facilities in which the student has projected planned experiences. Several backup facilities are strongly recommended. (See link on side bar - FORMS)
- All students must provide evidence of a current physical examination. See PE and Addendum Forms in the FORM section on the side bar. The following forms need to be completed and signed by a physician: Health History-Physical Examination, Immunization Record (in the Forms section). A current physical, Two Step PPD, proof of Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps and Varicella antibody titers, and Hepatitis B series, and Tdap vaccine (in the last 10 years), is defined as one completed no earlier than May 11th of the year the student plans to begin the DI program (i.e. May 10, 2017). The completed forms should be returned to Stephanie Minkoff, Program Director. All forms must be completed prior to the first day of supervised practice.
- A flu vaccination is also required for all interns. This vaccination should be obtained in the Fall.
- Verification of malpractice insurance [Research for the best premium, possible companies - Marshor HPSO].
- Criminal background checks.
- Child abuse check.
- Drug Screen - if required.
- All interns need a web cam.
- Interns admitted into this program will be for the 2017 - 2018 school year. Once you are conditionally accepted into the DI all the additional material must be submitted to the Director of the Internship by June 2, 2017. The program must begin by July 26, 2017. Failure to meet these deadlines may invalidate your admission.
If you are matched in the second round, the DI director does not have access to your DICAS application. After acceptance, you will need to apply at Graduate Admissions.
Please note that acceptance into the Graduate School does not imply that you have been accepted in to the DI Program.
You are strongly advised to contact the director of the DI program before applying in order to receive any updated information.