- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Preceptor Resources
- Resources & Forms
- Health Promotion and Wellness Activities
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
Admission to the Dietetic Internship Distance Track Class of 2018-2019
The Marywood University Dietetic Internship Program is now a Masters required
The graduate credits will count as part of the curriculum for the Masters of Science (MS). Upon completion of the Masters DI Program - distance track, the intern is eligible to take the RDN exam. Students interested in a Masters in Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science would need to complete additional coursework after the two year Masters DI program is finished.
DICAS Match Process
- Information on the Computer Matching Process: website or watch the video.
- Apply through DICAS spring match online. email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- Applicants who are not part of the pre-select program must participate in a national computer matching process and must submit a complete electronic (DICAS) internship application.
- Students also need to register online and enter contact information, program preferences and pay fees with a credit card on or before the deadline date.
- Note: Computer matching to a Dietetic Internship is a two-step process that includes completion of the application through DICAS and registering for computer matching with D&D Digital.
- Please contact D&D Digital for current cost or contact by email at DND@netins.net. Additional contact information for D&D Digital Systems, Inc. is 304 Main Stree - Suite 301, Ames, IA 50010; Phone 515-292-0490; Fax 515-663-9427; E-mail DND@sigler.com.
- Include your GRE Scores in the DICAS application. GRE scores are required for admission into the program.
- Have your official transcripts and GRE Scores mailed to Mr. Jason Thiel, Graduate Admissions Counselor, Marywood University, 2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509. Should you have any questions about the graduate application process and/or necessary documents for the Masters DI Program please contact him at email@example.com.
Note: The Marywood University Masters Dietetic Internship program has no additional application fees, specific to the university, beyond the application fees for DICAS and D&D Digital.
All students will need to submit a Marywood University Graduate Web Application. This is done after you are offered and have accepted a slot in the program through the computer matching process. Acceptance by Graduate Admissions does not guarantee admissions to the internship program.
The Admission Committee of the Dietetic Internship considers the following qualities in the selection process:
- Academic Ability
- Communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Evidence of the ability to be self-directed and organized
- Commitment to the profession of dietetics
- Technology skills
The admission decision is based on the completed DICAS application. A minimum GPA together with
The Admissions Decision Is Based On:
- A completed centralized internship application
Important In your personal statement please indicate if you are applying to the Onsite Track or Distance Track.
You have 60 days to submit all the necessary forms for the program following the acceptance of an internship slot if offered. Once all the paperwork is accepted and approved the Program Director you will be permitted to
Timeline for Internship Applicants for Spring Match
Begins April of each year at 6:00 pm CDT. Applicants will find their matching result on dnddigital.com through Monday (Appointment Day). This is the only source of notification for applicants. Each applicant will receive either One Match or No Match after login.
Begins April of each year. matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship program by email on or before 6:00 PM (time zone of the program) to confirm the acceptance of the MATCH. Program Director, Stephanie Minkoff, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following acceptance of the offered program slot, your completed graduate admissions application will be processed. Your DICAS application will be used to collect the needed data for this graduate admissions procedure. If your DICAS application did not contain an
Once your application is completed, you will receive a letter from graduate admissions notifying you of your acceptance. At this point, a $ 500 non-refundable deposit will be required before you can register for classes. The $500 deposit should be mailed to Marywood University Graduate Admissions. ($ 400 deposit will be used towards a tuition bill and $100.00 will be refunded to you at the end of the program.) If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Program Director.
DI Program Needs
Soon after you accept the D & D Digital Match for this program you will receive an
- Original Verification Statement of Didactic Program completion.
- Medical clearances are required for Phase Two of the program. Prior to Phase 2, all students must provide evidence of a current physical examination. See PE and Addendum Forms in the FORM section on this website. The following forms need to be completed and signed by a physician: Health History-Physical Examination, Immunization Record (in the Forms section). A current physical, Two Step PPD, proof of Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps and Varicella antibody titers, and Hepatitis B series, and Tdap vaccine (in the last 10 years), is defined as one completed no earlier than May 10th of the year the student plans to begin the supervised practice portion of the DI program (i.e. May 10, 2019). The completed forms should be returned to Stephanie Minkoff, Program Director. All forms must be completed prior to the first day of supervised practice.
- A flu vaccination is also required for all interns. This vaccination should be obtained in the Fall after Phase Two of the program begins.
- Verification of malpractice insurance [Research for the best premium, possible companies - Marshor HPSO].
- Criminal background checks.
- Child abuse check.
- Drug Screen - if required.
- All distance track interns need a web cam.
- Intern Note: Interns admitted into this program will be for the 2018 - 2019 school year. Once you are conditionally accepted into the DI all the additional material must be submitted to the Director of the Internship on a timely basis. Failure to meet these deadlines may invalidate your admission.
If you are matched in the second round, the DI director does not have access to your DICAS application. After acceptance, you will need to apply at Graduate Admissions.
You are strongly advised to contact the Program Director before applying in order to receive any updated information.
Please note that acceptance into the Graduate School does not imply that you have been accepted into the DI Program.
You are strongly advised to contact the director of the DI program before applying in order to receive any updated information.