Who is a registered dietitian (RD)?
Read about what services RDN's provide
April 2017 - D & D Digital Match
The Onsite Track, Distance
First Round Match Process
Our Dietetic Internship program will participate in the April 2017 Dietetic Internship Centralized Application process (DICAS) for the first round. DICAS and D & D Digital deadline
Candidates that have been successfully matched to the Marywood Dietetic Internship will be notified on the evening of April 2nd through the Computer matching process. These candidates must confirm by email with the Program Director that they accept the slot no later than 6 pm EST on
No phone calls or emails from unmatched candidates will be accepted at this time.
Second Round Match Process
(April 6th at noon EST until all slots are filled)
Thursday, April 6,
- Unmatched candidates may contact the Dietetic Internship program director on April 6,
2017 after noonEST by submitting their name and contact information along with a copy of their DICAS application as an email attachment to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Your downloaded DICAS application must include the list of your DPD courses and grades, work/volunteer experience, and a personal statement.
- On the DICAS program designations
pagethere are instructions to download a pdf. You also have the option to contact the DICAS customer service line at 617-612-2885 to assist you with obtaining a copy of your DICAS application.
- Marywood University’s Dietetic Internship second round applications will be considered beginning noon on
ThursdayApril 6th until all slots are filled.
- Please be aware that applications will be reviewed until all slots are filled. The slots could be filled within that first day. Timely response is crucial to securing a slot if offered.
- There is no fee to submit an application to Marywood.
Please do not call the DI program director.
If you choose to disregard the above statement and call the Program Director, please note that due the large volume of calls expected, you may receive a “busy” signal and an option to leave a message. There is no guarantee that the Program Director can return your call.
- Second Round: Be sure to indicate which TRACK of the Dietetic Internship you are interested in if slots are available for both; either ONSITE OR DISTANCE. Distance track facilities are required to be > 125 miles from Scranton, PA.
- If interested in the ISPP, which means you are participated in a previous D & D Digital matching process and was not matched between April 12 and 14 you can apply. Please indicate that you are applying for the ISPP track. Note the ISPP track is a distance option only (facilities are required to be > 125 miles from Scranton, PA)
- Please be aware that due to the volume of emails and applications the program director will be unable to confirm receipt of your email or application or let you know if you were not selected.
If conditionally accepted you will need to submit your original Verification Statement and final official transcript(s) to the Program Director. You will also need to complete the Graduate Admissions application
After the Second Round
ISPP -Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways - Two slots are available
(April 11th – 13th until all slots are filled)
Marywood University has an additional Dietetic Internship Track, it is the Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways (ISPP) track.
This Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) Track is available to:
- Graduates who did not match to a dietetic internship (proof required*) but who possess a DPD verification statement, and
- Individuals holding a doctoral degree.
If you are not matched in the April 2017 D & D Digital match, first round (deadline February 15, 2017) or second round you are welcomed to submit a downloaded copy of your DICAS application between April 11 and April 13,
See Second round rules above. The ISPP applications will be reviewed and a decision will be made by April 14,
The Marywood University ISPP Track is a distance option which requires you to locate your own facilities and preceptors at 125 miles or more from Scranton, PA.
More information on what a Distance Track is can be found on the Distance Track page.
* Proof of participation in the D & D Digital Match: Students will need to provide documentation that they applied for and failed to receive a match. If the student did not print or save this information, the student can contact D & D Digital and ask for documentation.
If you want more information on the ACEND Individualized Supervised Practice Pathways go