On behalf of Marywood University,
the Office of Service-Learning and Community Service is
coordinating efforts to respond to the recent devastation by Hurricane Sandy.
Please join in the efforts in the following ways:
- Items are being accepted in Campus Ministry (Swartz Center) and the Student Activities Office (Nazareth Hall) and will be delivered to recovering areas. Items requested include:
Volunteer - Plans to bring Marywood volunteers to recovering locations are underway for either or both Saturday, November 10 and/or Sunday, November 11. It is expected that volunteers will depart campus early morning and return by early evening. Students, faculty and staff are invited. Limited space may be available. Volunteers should prepare long pants and jackets, rain or work boots, and bring a bagged lunch & bottled water. Sign up by Wednesday, Nov 7 - email your name, phone number and day(s) available (Saturday, Sunday or both) to email@example.com or visit the Campus Ministry Office in the Swartz Center.Donate Bottled Water
- Water - gallon jugs or bottled water
- Industrial size garbage bags
- Batteries, especially C & D
- Bath towels
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Canned food, nonperishable food,
- Manual can openers
- Toiletries: toothpaste, deoderent, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: brooms, shovels, mops, 5 gallon buckets, paper towels
- Work gloves & rubber gloves
- Now until Nov 16, use your Pacer Points to buy bottled water at any Chartwells location and for every three purchased, Chartwells will donate an additional bottle. Water will be delivered to recovering locations on Nov 9 and Nov 16. Make a monetary donation
- The American Red Cross has provided more than 23,000 overnight shelter stays since Saturday. Financial donations help the Red Cross provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance.
- Make an online gift to the American Red Cross
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
- The Diocese of Scranton is taking up collection at all weekend Masses on Nov 10 & 11. Your generosity is appreciated.
- Thursday, November 15
11:00am-5:00pm in the Latour Room. Red Cross is urging immediate blood and platelet donations to support the blood needs of those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Pray
- Unite with those who are suffering with devastation and loss by asking God to protect, comfort and bring hope to them. Listen for ways that God is calling you to respond. Tell us if your home or family has been affected
- Visit Ann O'Brien in Campus Ministry or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know how we can support the recovery efforts in your hometown.