Marywood University presents the Global Perspectives in Creativity, Art, Art Therapy, Counseling and Psychology project on April 14 (Conference Room B, Swartz Center) from 8-10a.m.
The Global Perspectives in Creativity, Art Therapy, Counseling and Psychology project is a result of collaboration between Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S., and Tomsk State University, Tomsk, Siberia, Russian Federation. The aim of the project is to provide scholars, students, and the general public an opportunity to see differences and similarities in thinking and practice of psychologically oriented and creative professions in Russia and the U.S. Funding for the event and event planning activities were provided by the Marywood University Planning Advisory Council and the Marywood University Office of Academic Affairs.
Professors from Marywood University and Tomsk State University will describe and discuss related research in 3 separate events that will take place live and with participation from audiences Tomsk and Scranton simultaneously. All dialogue will be in English or translated into English.
Participants and attendees will have the opportunity to:
1. Review the event materials on the event web-site (http://marywoodandtomsk.wordpress.com) and blog questions directly to both Russian and U.S. Scholars. Each presenter will respond to these questions during the event at which they present.
2. Observe and participate an international dialogue between students, scholars, professionals and others related to creativity, art therapy, counseling and psychology.
3. Challenge their own thinking about what life and thinking may be like in Siberia, Russian Federation.
4. Learn how worldviews and related theories may impact the study of human nature and creativity.
5. Enjoy the company of others who have interest in global perspectives and international dialogues.
This event is free and open to the public. Continental breakfast will be provided. For more information, visit http://marywoodandtomsk.wordpress.com or e-mail Dr. Barbara Parker Bell at email@example.com.
Marketing & Communications Department | Liberal Arts Center, Room 63 | (570) 340-6022