Women's Soccer Team First to Play on New Field
Published on Mon, August 31, 2009
Marywood University's new synthetic turf multi-purpose field will host its inaugural collegiate game on Tuesday, September 1, at 4 p.m. as the defending CSAC women's soccer champions. Marywood University Pacers take on Wilkes University's squad in a non-conference action.
The game will be the first official match on the new field. Construction of the turf field took place this summer, with amenities such as lights, a new storage/electrical building, and a state-of-the-art sound system. The new scoreboard will be installed during the next few weeks.
Tuesday, September 1:
- The men's soccer team will travel to face Wilkes in Edwardsville at 4 pm.
- The women's tennis team will host King's College at 3:30 pm.
- The men's and women's cross country squads have a dual meet against the University of Scranton. That race will take place on the campus of PSU-Worthington/Scranton.
Thursday, September 4:
- The field hockey team will break in the new turf field as they host Moravian College Greyhounds at 4 pm.
Friday September 5:
- The volleyball team will open at the annual King's College Tournament in Wilkes-Barre.
Last fall, six of Marywood Universityseven teams qualified for post-season Colonial States Athletic Conference tournaments or championships.
Come out and support the Pacers in another record-breaking year for Marywood University Athletics. Don't forget-you can catch all the recaps of games, view rosters and updated schedules online at any time at www.mupacers.com!