Commencement Set to Award 881 Degrees- May 10
Marywood University will celebrate its 91st annual commencement with the awarding of 881 degrees to graduates from the Reap College of Education and Human Development, Insalaco College of Creative Arts and Management, College of Health and Human Services, and College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 10 at 1 p.m. at the Wachovia Arena, Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre.
Norah O'Donnell, the chief Washington correspondent for NBC News' 24-hour cable channel MSNBC and a contributing correspondent for NBC's top-rated Today show, will address the graduates as the keynote speaker
2009 Commencement Statistics:
- Total bachelor's degrees: 411
- Total master's degrees: 378
- Total doctoral degrees: 20
- Total Ed. Psychology degrees: 11
- States represented by graduates: 25
- Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, North Carolina, New Hampshire New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, West Virginia.
- Countries represented by graduates: 10
- India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Nepal, Nigeria, Poland, Taiwan, Tanzania, West Indies.
- Number of employees graduating: 15
- Top three departments granting degrees:
- Social Work
- Top three undergraduate programs of study:
- BSN Nursing
- BFA Design (Graphic Design)
- BA English.
- Top three graduate programs of study:
- MSW Social Work
- MS Physician Assistant Studies
- MS Speech-Language Pathology
Rate this news story: