Marywood University Celebrates IHM Founders’ Week November 9 - 15
SCRANTON, PA-November 7, 2008
Marywood University's community will celebrate IHM Founders' Week on November 9-15. They will honor the IHM Heritage and the impact it has played on the campus. Marywood University was founded in 1915 by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM).
To celebrate IHM Founders' Week, Marywood University coordinated the following events in addition to the activities of Homelessness and Hunger Awareness Week:
- Sunday, November 9:
- Mass: Marian Chapel at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Founders' Day Prayer Service: IHM Center at 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 10: 163rd Anniversary of the Founding of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Mass: Marian Chapel at 12:05 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 12: American Red Cross Blood Drive in the Latour Conference Room, Nazareth Student Center at 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
The history of Marywood University and the relationship with the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are shown through exhibits throughout campus. They include:
- Celebrating Our Founders: Learning Resources Center, Third Floor
- IHM Charism, Mission, and Ministries and the Celebrate Service: the History of Service at Marywood University: Fireplace Lounge, Nazareth Student Center
Other opportunities to celebrate IHM Founders' Week include:
- Booklets are provided in the Rotunda for a self-guided tour of the regional landmark.
- Celebration Masses will be held in the Marian Chapel Monday-Friday at 12:05 p.m.