Chaogui Zhang, Ph.D.
Science Center, Room 320
Science Center, 3rd floor
Summer Camp in Mathematics and Cybersecurity
- Interested in computers and cybersecurity?
- Love Math?
- Curious how math can be applied to the real world?
- Don't know what to do with all the free time you have in the summer?
- Want to have fun?
If yes, join the Mathematics and Cybersecurity Summer Camp at Marywood, and you will
- Find other like-minded geeks and nerds (such as your instructors)
- Learn what makes your internet communication secure (or not)
- Learn how mathematics is connected to cybersecurity
- Build computer programs for data encryption and decryption
- Enjoy some intense and awesome fun for two weeks!
The summer camp will be held at Marywood University and taught by expert Mathematics and Computer Science faculty with doctoral degrees.
- Dates: Aug. 4 - 15, 2014 (Monday through Friday for two full weeks)
- Hours: 9:00AM - 3:00PM (lunch provided at no additional cost)
- Grades: 10, 11 and 12 (for next academic year)
- Cost: $300 per student
A field trip is also scheduled on Aug. 8 to the Museum of Mathematics in New York("the coolest thing that ever happened to math") (no additional cost and attendance is optional).
You may contact Dr. Chaogui Zhang (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the camp.
Department of Math and CS
2300 Adams Ave
Scranton, PA 18509
The camp is limited to 20 students maximum. To ensure your spot, make sure you send in your application as early as you can.