Thomas F. Kent, Ph.D.
Center for Natural and Health (CNHS) building, Room 318
(570) 348-6211 ext. 2278
Center for Natural and Health Science (CNHS) building, Room 320 A
Class of 2013
I teach 8th grade mathematics at Carbondale Area High School. Marywood provided me with higher level math and problem solving skills that help me in the classroom. I believe that the deeper a teacher knows their subject, the better they can teach it.
see more »
About Fractals | Gallery
Career Outlook for Mathematics and Computer Science
Between 2012 and 2022, the Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that:
- Information Security Analysts will see a 37% job growth.
- Software Developers will see a 22% job growth.
- Computer Systems Analysts will see a 25% job growth.
- Database Administrators will see a 15% job growth.
- Actuaries will see a 26% job growth.
- Operations Research Analysts will see a 27% job growth.
Careers in Mathematics
The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) lists the following as the most popular career choices of math majors:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Operations Research
Go to the MAA Mathematics Careers page for more details.
Some links from the MAA Mathematics Careers page that might be of interest:
The Mathematics and Computer Science Program at Marywood University is a departmental member of MAA.