- Mandatory Training
- Exempt Review Committee
- University Policy on Human Research
- Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
Guidelines for Classroom Research Activities
Defines classroom assignments vs. projects
Written instructions on how to use IRBNet
Permission Chart for Data Access or Recruitment
Contacts at Marywood University
Data Access, Recruitment or Cooperating Institution
All applications to the IRB or ERC must be submitted electronically at www.irbnet.org. Emailed materials or hard copies are not accepted.
Full or expedited applications must be submitted to the IRB. Exempt application requests must be submitted to the ERC. If your project is submitted to the wrong board, we will forward it for you, but this may result in a slight delay.
Before Submitting Your Application
- Read Marywood's IRB policies and procedures:
These policies and procedures explain all requirements.
- Complete online training courses:
All research team members must complete online training courses. Visit our training page for details.
- Register on IRBNet:
Visit www.irbnet.org to register. Affiliate with Marywood University and confirm via e-mail before proceeding. Co-investigators and research sponsors must also register. Registration by research assistants is optional.
- Download all necessary forms and templates and gather supporting documentation: IRB forms and templates are available on this page or via IRBNet. ERC documents can be found on the ERC's website. See a checklist for required materials.
- Proofread and run a spellcheck:
Check for errors prior to submission. Review boards are not meant to function as editorial services.
- Review our meeting schedule and submission deadlines.
Follow our deadlines, allowing adequate review time. Student investigators must apply during the semester prior to the one in which they plan to graduate.
Electronic Submission Instructions for IRBNet
- Carefully review our written instructions, or watch our tutorial videos.
Contact email@example.com or call 570-348-6211, x. 2233 for the videos' password.
- Submit your application to the appropriate board (IRB or ERC) at IRBNet.
- Monitor your e-mail for communications from the board. Once the board notifies you, your decision letter can be accessed via IRBNet.
- Submit requested modifications.
- Do not create a new project! Your existing project packages must remain locked in order to maintain a submission and audit trail. Create a new package within your existing project (i.e., IRBNet# 12345-1, 12345-2, 12345-3, etc.). Review our IRBNet instructions for details.
- Track any changes. See How to Track Changes for assistance with enabling the tracking feature to show modifications.
Requirements After Your Application is Approved
- Approval Stamp:
A final approval letter and stamped forms will be available via IRBNet. Stamps must appear on advertisements and consent documents that participants will see.
- Deviations, Violations, Unanticipated Problems or Serious Adverse Events:
Any of these must be reported in a timely fashion. Please see our Mandatory Reporting policies and procedures, as well as the the Deviation/Violation and Adverse Event/Unanticipated Problem forms on the right side of this page.
- Revisions (Investigator initiated changes):
Any revision, however minor, must be reviewed and approved prior to implementation. See our Revisions to IRB Approved Research Request form on the right side of this page.
- Status Reports:
A status report is due 6 months after approval (IRB projects only), and a final status report is due prior to the 1-year expiration date. The same form is used for each and may be found on the right side of this page.
If you expect your project to continue beyond the 1-year approval period, you must apply for renewal, allowing ample time for review so there is no lapse. All research activities must cease as of the expiration date, unless the board approves a renewal. Projects may not be closed until both data collection and analysis have been completed. If analysis is ongoing, a continuing review is required. See our Continuing Review form on the right side of this page.