- Study Abroad
- International Students
- International Student Guidebook
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
- English Language Support
- Someone at Marywood Speaks Your Langauge
- During the academic year, international students in F-1 non-immigrant status must either be enrolled full-time or receive permission from the University Registrar for a reduced course load.
- The deadline for meeting the full-time registration requirement is the final day to register for classes for a term as defined on the Academic Calendar.
- If you are not registered full-time by the deadline, your SEVIS record will be terminated and you will lose your F-1 status. There is no grace period to remain in the U.S. following status termination.
- For most students, the academic year is fall and spring terms, while the summer is considered the vacation term. During the academic year, in general, the minimum full-time enrollment for international students is as follows:
|Type of Student||Enrollment Requirement|
|Undergraduate students||12 credits or more|
|Graduate students||6 credits or more|
|Intensive English Program students||18 hours of instruction|
Courses which you audit do not count towards the minimum amount of credits needed to be considered full-time.
Exceptions to Full-Time Enrollment Requirements