Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to pay an application fee?

There is no application fee for the Intensive English Program (IEP).

Do I need to take an English proficiency test before starting the Intensive English Program?

You do not need to take an English proficiency test to apply to the Intensive English Program. If you have already taken an English proficiency test; for example, the TOEFL or IELTS, you may provide these scores with your application. 

What is a certification of finances?

The Certification of Finances is a document stating that you have sufficient funds available to cover the cost of your tuition, living, books, and other expenses. If you will be accompanied by family members, the certification of finances should show enough funds to cover their living expenses as well. In addition, you must provide a copy of your bank statement showing at least the amount written on your certificate of finances form.

What documents are needed to apply?

In order to apply to the Intensive English Program, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Completed and signed application form
  • Financial certification documentation, in English
  • A bank statement dated within the last 60 days
  • Copy of your current passport, showing your name and date of birth
  • English proficiency test scores, such as TOEFL/IELTS etc. (optional for IEP)
  • Academic transcripts
What happens after I have completed my application?

When the Admission Counselor receives your completed application and you have submitted the required documents, you will receive a message informing you of the next step in the process from your Admission Counselor. Once everything has been verified, a request for an I-20 will be sent to a Designated School Official, who will create your I-20.

What is the deadline to apply?

The deadlines for application are as follow:

Fall/August - June 1

Spring/January - November 1

Summer - March 1

These are our preferred deadlines for applying to the IEP; if you happen to miss the deadline, you may contact the International Admissions Office to see if your application can be accepted after the date stated. It is best to get your application and documents in early so they can be processed accordingly. This will give you more time to prepare for your visa appointment.

How do I reserve housing?

IEP students are not required to live on campus. If you would like to request campus housing, your Admissions Counselor or Student Service Coordinator will help you submit your request. Housing in the student residences fills quickly. Reservations are processed for applicants who submit their requests, along with their deposit, in the order in which they are received.

We will also provide you with a list of nearby apartments and other rental property that you may contact to arrange off-campus housing.

How do I make payments?

You will be able to make payments in your student portal once you have completed an application and have been accepted. All fees, deposits, and tuition must be paid in $US dollars. You may pay fees and deposits by using the link Tuition may also be paid by using a credit card, check, or wire transfer of the funds. Sponsored students must provide an updated letter of financial guarantee from their sponsor.

When do sessions start?

There are three start dates throughout the year in the months of August, January, and June. Please see the program calendar for the upcoming start date.