Students Living Off Campus

Students Living Off Campus

 Graduate, Undergraduate, Exchange and English as a Second Language (ESL) Students

___ Attend mandatory International Student Orientation: See Orientation Schedule on International Affairs website. You will receive essential information and assistance in getting settled. Orientation is a rare opportunity to meet students from campus and offers much needed information on the location of many of Marywood's services.

___ Graduate Students: Report to your academic department advisor and complete registration procedures. Your advisor should be able to assist you with class registration and advise you on your curriculum. 

___Get your student ID card at the Student Activities Office in Nazareth Hall. This will be necessary to make use of Learning Resource Center services, the Center for Athletics and Wellness and the free COLTS bus service.

___Stop in at the International Affairs Office, Liberal Arts Center, 220 Visit the office to meet the staff, ask questions and learn about the office services for our International population.

___ Complete mandatory immigration check-in. This should be completed during orientation. Please bring your immigration documents (I-20, passport, and I-94 card) to the Registrar's office, Liberal Arts Center, 92A


Immigration check-in must be completed by the end of the first week of classes or you will lose your legal nonimmigrant status in the U.S.!


___Find off-campus housing. Review the information in this booklet and Marywood University Housing and Residence Life Office (570) 348-6236

___Open a bank account. When you attend international student orientation you will receive detailed banking information. PNC offers student checking and two convenient ATMs right on campus. Visit for more information.

___Apply for a Social Security Number (SNN) if you will be employed on campus.

In the United States it is necessary to have a Social Security number in order to be employed.  To apply for a card go to the Social Security website, print and complete the form and take it to the local Social Security office located in the downtown area of Scranton, Oppenheim Building, 1st floor, 409 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503.

You must have an offer of employment to be eligible to apply for an SSN and you must apply in person at the Social Security office. Take your passport, I-20, I-94 card (found in your passport). You will also need to provide an address where your new card can be sent. The Social Security Administration recommends that international applicants wait at least 10 (ten) days after arrival in the US before submitting an application for a SSN.