Campus Map/Tour Request Information Employment A-Z Index Directories
EDU Site
A Bold Heart Centennial Campaign

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact for a replacement dental card or to get help with dental claims?

Call United Concordia at 1-800-332-0366 or

What do I do when my child is too old to be on my medical/dental/vision plan or is no longer a full-time student?

Notify Human Resources so the appropriate COBRA paperwork can be generated offering coverage at the individual's own expense through Marywood.

When do I need to contact Human Resources?

When you:

  • Have an address change
  • Get married
  • Get divorced
  • Have a baby
  • Have a death in the family
  • Need to be out due to an extended illness of your own or a family member (FMLA)
  • If you want to change your payroll deductions
  • If you're terminating employment or changing job status.
Where will I work? Can I choose my Work-Study assignment?

If you are eligible for Work Study you must report to the Human Resources office during the last two weeks of August or as soon as you arrive on campus to obtain your contract, complete any necessary paperwork and receive your work study assignments. Positions will be posted on the Marywood web site under "Employment Opportunities" to provide information to students about available positions.  Jobs will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.  However, special consideration will be given to returning work study students who have been invited to return to a particular department or students with special skills.

What type of Work-Study jobs are available?

Clerical, Data Entry, Filing, Phone Receptionist, Lifeguards, Help Desk, Library, Lab Assistants, Housing & Residence Life, Campus Ministries, Student Activities, OIT, Errands, Child Care, Webmaster, Security, Print Shop, Archives, Bulletin Boards, Reading to Children, Copying, Mailings and more.

What if my schedule changes?

If your schedule changes, you should speak with your current supervisor first. If you need to change jobs, stop by the Human Resources Office.

How do I sign up for Work-Study?

Report to the Human Resources Office in Room 86 of the Liberal Arts Center during the last two weeks of August or as soon as you arrive on campus. If you have never worked at Marywood before, you will need to bring two forms of ID such as a drivers license, passport, birth certificate or Marywood ID. If you provide a Marywood ID, you must provide a document other than a Driver's License. All documents must be originals. Once all the paperwork is complete, and you have been assigned a position, you can report to your supervisor to discuss what hours work best for you.

How many hours can I work as Work-Study?

You earn up to the amount listed as Work Study on your Financial Aid Award. The work study award can cover either one or two semesters.  The supervisor in the department you are assigned to will consider your class schedule and availability when assigning work hours.

How do I know if I'm eligible for Work-Study?

Check the financial aid information that you received from the Financial Aid Office.  If it lists work study as aid, you are eligible and should report to the Human Resources Office to receive your assignment.

When and where can I pick up my check?

The Payroll Office provides a list of timesheet due dates and pay dates.  Direct deposit and other employee information is available online through the Employee Information System.  Checks can be picked up at the Cashier's Office in the Liberal Arts Center during normal business hours.

How will I be paid as a Work-Study?

You will be paid by the hour once a month. You will be responsible for keeping track of your hours, completing a timesheet, and handing in the signed timesheet to your supervisor before the deadline designated by the Payroll Office. You have a choice of payment by direct deposit into your bank account or by check.

How much will I make doing Federal Work-Study?

You will be paid minimum wage for any hours worked up to the amount listed on your Financial Aid Award. Contact the Financial Aid Office for information regarding your award.

What schools participate in CIC & Tuition Exchange?

See or

(These links can be found on the Useful Links page.)

What should I do if I believe I have been the victim or a witness to discrimination, harassment or assault?
How do I change my primary care physician?

If you're a First Priority Health member, call the Member Services Department at 1-800-822-8753 weekdays from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Hearing-and/or speech-impaired members can call (TTY/TDD) 1-800-413-1112. By listening carefully to the available options, you can make the appropriate selections.

What is Federal Work-Study?

The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses.

When can I change my flexible benefits options?

Benefits changes can only be made during the open enrollment period. (May 1-June 1 ). The change would become effective July 1. Changes can only be made mid year if there is a change in:

  • Employment status
  • Change in dependent eligibility
  • Change in number of dependents
  • Change in marital status
  • Change in residence
How do I get a new medical card or get help with medical claims?

If you're a First Priority Health HMO or a First Priority HMO Plus member, call the Member Services Department at 1-800-822-8753 weekdays from 7 a.m. until 7p.m. Hearing and or/speech-impaired members can call (TTY/TDD) 1-800-413-1112. First Priority Life PPO members can call 1-888-338-2211 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Hearing-and/or speech-impaired members can call (TTY/TDD) at 1-866-280-0486.


Comments to the Human Resources Pagemaster: