Our Lady's Assumption
- The Student Government donated this statue and it was unveiled in front of Assumption Hall (page 90 of A Retrospective) on December 7, 1954. The Department of Music became housed in a new building named in honor of our Lady's Assumption and erected in the year of the proclamation of the Assumption, 1954.
- Most Reverend Bishop Hannan presided at the unveiling of the statue of Our Lady which was imported from Rome and blessed by the Holy Father, Pope Pius XII on November 16, 1954. The statue, placed on the front campus, was unveiled with beautiful ceremonies the day before the feast of the Immaculate Conception in the Marian Year. (page 80-81 in So Fair So Bright by Sister M. Charitas)