Our Lady of Marywood

1936

  • Our Lady of Marywood - on December 8, 1936, the Our Lady of Marywood statue was unveiled in the ravine as a gift of the student body to the Dean of the College, Sister Immaculata Gillespie. In 1944 the shrine of Our Lady of Marywood was moved from the ravine and placed on the mezzanine of the Rotunda by the members of the Alumnae Association.(page 73 of A Retrospective)