Chronology

Mother M. Germaine ONeill Mother M. Casimir Murray Mother Mary William Craig Mother M. Josepha Hurley Sister M. Marcella Gill Sister M. Sylvia Morgan Sister M. Eugenia Kealey Sister M. St. Mary Orr Sister M. Coleman Nee Sister Mary Reap Sister Anne Munley
<< 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 >>
1951

Maria Goretti Lounge is constructed on the terrace floor of the Liberal Arts Building.
1951

The Alumni Association contributes $8,000 towards Alumnae Hall.
1951

Marywood celebrates its first Parents' Day, May.
1951

Marywood becomes a charter member of the Foundation for Independent Colleges. Established by a group of private institutions in Pennsylvania because they are as yet ineligible for federal or state aid, the organization acts collectively, through its presidents, to tap industry for a general fund of financial donations and then distribute them among members according to need.
1951

Marywood's programs are granted continued accreditation for ten years following a visit by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.