Chronology

Mother M. Germaine ONeill Mother M. Casimir Murray Mother Mary William Craig Mother M. Josepha Hurley Sister M. Marcella Gill Sister M. Sylvia Morgan Sister M. Eugenia Kealey Sister M. St. Mary Orr Sister M. Coleman Nee Sister Mary Reap Sister Anne Munley
<< 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 >>
1944

The statue of "Our Lady of Marywood," blessed by Rev. Dr. Thomas McHugh, College Chaplain, is moved from the Ravine and enthroned by the Alumnae Association in the mezzanine of the Rotunda on a marble pedestal with gold inlaid capital, "In honor of Sister M. Immaculata, Dean of the College from 1915 to 1944,"October 13. The dedication program states, "Ecclesastical Permission has been given for the title 'Our Lady of Marywood.'" The pedestal is inscribed December 8, perhaps to recognize Sister Immaculata's upcoming feastday.
1944

The Marywood Players stage a production of The Song of Bernadette, adapted from Franz Werfel's book by alumna Jean Collins Kerr '43 and her husband, Walter Kerr.
1944

Marywood's chapter of the National Foundation of Catholic College Students sponsors the first campus observation of National Interracial Justice Week.
1944

Members of the Spanish Club sponsor a Pan-American Day program, hanging the flags of the twenty-one North and South American republics from the second floor of the Rotunda and costuming themselves in the native garb of each.
1944

Mortimer Adler, Professor of the Philosophy of Law at the University of Chicago and later mentor of the Great Books program, lectures on "The Problems of Freedom in the Modern World."