Chronological History of Marywood

Mother M. Germaine ONeill Mother M. Casimir Murray Mother Mary William Craig Mother M. Josepha Hurley Sister M. Marcella Gill Sister M. Sylvia Morgan Sister M. Eugenia Kealey Sister M. St. Mary Orr Sister M. Coleman Nee Sister Mary Reap Sister Anne Munley
<< 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 >>
1938

Landscaping of the campus is completed by members of the Roger Bacon Society.
1938

Father McHugh is reassigned to Marywood College and serves, once again, as Chaplain.
1938

The Marywood Players stage a production of Berkeley Square.
1938

Bishop O'Reilly dies; Reverend William J. Hafey becomes the fourth Bishop of Scranton and Honorary President of Marywood College.
1938

The Honorable George Earle, Governor of Pennsylvania, visits Marywood. Students welcome him in sixteen different languages that represent their heritages, living proof of the ethnic diversity of both Northeastern Pennsylvania and the College itself.
1938

Marywood receives State approval for the training of the mentally retarded and for guidance counseling.