Chronology

Mother M. Germaine ONeill Mother M. Casimir Murray Mother Mary William Craig Mother M. Josepha Hurley Sister M. Marcella Gill Sister M. Sylvia Morgan Sister M. Eugenia Kealey Sister M. St. Mary Orr Sister M. Coleman Nee Sister Mary Reap Sister Anne Munley
<< 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 >>
1926

The Scranton School Board adds Marywood College to its list of approved institutions whose academic credits would be accepted from teachers in Scranton for wage increments, April.
1926

Ground is broken for a Residence Hall, which will eventually be called O'Reilly Hall (now Regina Hall), in honor of the Most Reverend Thomas C. O'Reilly, third Bishop of Scranton, September 24.
1926

The Pennsylvania Department of Education approves Marywood's Music Education and Supervision curriculum.
1926

The Class of 1926 publishes The Graduate Book as a substitute for the Tourmaline.
1926

Eighty-one students receive degrees at Marywood College.
1926

The Carriage House, a structure present when the campus was purchased, is converted into a two-story Science building.
1926

Ninety-four students are enrolled in the freshman class, and the undergraduate population includes students from eleven states and Canada, Fall Semester.
1926

The Reverend Joseph Boyle, first Chaplain of the College, dies, September 29. He is succeeded by the Reverend Thomas McHugh.
1926

The Teresian Drama Society produces Anastasia.